Sunday, January 26, 2014

Add Ice to Reduce Burning in a Non-Traditional Manner

If you have burning pain, you probably use ice.  Icing helps reduce pain and numb the area.  Yes, I sit around with an ice pack in between my legs on occasion.  On Friday however I tried icing a little differently.

I busted my ass on our snowy/icy walkway just 20 minutes after leaving physical therapy!  Seriously?  How do I manage this?  I'm bruised on the left side, pulled something in my shoulder, and scraped up my hand.  By the time I got into the door of my new house, I was bleeding all over my paint swatches.  As these things usually go, I imagined that I'd be in bed for -- well, forever really.  I was sore on Saturday, but definitely mobile and no more than usual.  I iced my back Saturday night and the back/sciatica pain were flared up for all of Sunday more than usual, but again still very mobile.  Then I noticed it.  The holy shit moment.  I wasn't on fire in the, well, you know.  How could it be?  By Sunday evening my back was hurting pretty bad and my leg was hurting, but I was sitting down in jeans and not on fire!!  I'm going to have to explore this.  Naturally, I don't want to slip on ice every other day, but it seems like a massive hit to my left hip knocked my right side into place.  Whether or not it's the right place, I don't know.  If it's not pushing on the pudendal nerve (the burning pain nerve), do I really care?  Can I go to a PT or a doctor and ask for a massive whack to my left side to shift everything over?

Obviously this is not a cure.  Things will settle back into their old uncomfortable places, but it does seem interesting and evident of something.  Something...

No comments:

Post a Comment